June 9, 2008

My inability to give this a title is part of the reason I don't do posts like this.

As I've gotten requests for a dive into my "normal teenager life," I'll give y'all a brief update as to what I've been up to (because I'm sure you're so interested):

School's over. I have my English Regents tomorrow and Thursday, US Regents Friday, Physics next Wednesday. Finally, summer will have begun (is it weird that after my Spanish final today, I can't stop thinking of "haber + past participle" every time I say have/had + something?), and I don't really know what'll change after that. Life seems to be just too good right now to get any better. I'm doing everything I want to, and I've removed myself from my computer screen for more than 23 of the 24 hours a day, and what I've found is that I have a lot of trouble sitting down in one place and doing things at a desk. It's a rare occurrence that I'm actually in the mood to do quiet, desk work. That's not to say I don't like doing work. I just need to be moving around and need my blood to be flowing, ergo I dread sitting at the computer.

I threw Rohan a surprise party Saturday, June 7 (it feels like it couldn't have been more than a week ago. Time really flies), and because I don't have much to say about it other than that it was a freaking blast and that I love Rohan more than he even knows (and he doesn't even read this blog, so there's no need to elaborate on that. I profess my love for him more than enough to him. No homo, for the few unrelenting individuals), I'm just going to throw in a bunch of pictures from the party.







I don't know what I'd do with myself without these guys.

Oh yeah, and I just found out about this raw event in the city on Thursday evening. An inspiration, named Tim VanOrden (www.runningraw.com), is going to be speaking at Bonobos for a presentation that's going to be documented by Food Network. They're doing a special on him and his journey to prove the effectiveness of raw veganism (sans supplements) for any individual by pushing himself as a 40-year-old to various athletic limits. He's close to breaking a 4-minute-mile, among his many other amazing athletic accomplishments. He's been doing it raw since 2005. Can't wait to hear him speak.

I have some more general things to discuss, but I'll probably write about that tomorrow. Time for bed!

Stay real,
Ankit

P.S. I really had no purpose to this post. I just wanted to put up pics from Rohan's =). If you were looking for something "faker" (i.e. more interesting, thoughtful stuff), come back soon hahah

P.P.S. Watch Oprah's Commencement Speech for the Class of 2008 at Stanford:

(If you're in a rush, skip to 6:50 and watch from there)

P.P.P.S. I found the video of Steve Jobs' Commencement Speech (for Class of 2005) at Stanford that I referred to in one of my earliest posts, so I thought I'd put that up for your viewing pleasure as well. Great lessons to learn from Oprah's and Jobs'.

The entire speech is golden. Don't forget this one.

0 comments: