May 3, 2009

Expectations? Psht.

People often tell me my ideas are too idealistic. I believe too much that everyone is going to do what works best, that people will take account for their own actions, that people will understand that complaining doesn't make sense, that people will take control of their health, that people will LIVE. Society doesn't work that way. I know society doesn't.


However, just because society doesn't function a certain way doesn't mean I don't have to. I do what I feel works best. Too often I see people just do what they're "supposed" to.
Society works this way. It's too crazy to think people will (eat the way their supposed to / maximize their lives / live in the moment / stop spreading so much negativity).
People will never say, "What's the point of trying?" but without realizing it, that's essentially the message they convey. Don't fall into that category. Be progressive. Be radical. Be YOU. If you want to take control of your life, defy societal expectations.

Much love,
Ankit

blog comments powered by Disqus