May 14, 2008

Time is a Doorway

Short Update on Life:
APs are over. I would say they went pretty well, but obviously, they could've been better had I started studying earlier, but such is procrastination. Since then, we've been working on the hallway for Battle of the Classes, which was yesterday (we won a respectable second place although we were disadvantaged by some of the judging). Now that that's over, I have this weekend to take it easy and go to the AIDS Walk tomorrow with 15-20 other Herricksers. That should be a blast (if you're reading this on May 17 and want to join, go here and select "Herricks High School - 8145" on the menu. I'll get an email that you registered and I'll email you from there.) For the rest of the school year, I have periods 1, 2, 3, and 5 off every other day, and 1 and 3 every every[?] other day because I'm done w/ AP Stat and Bio.

I thought about what I'd do with all this extra time, and we have "Quest" projects to do to replace AP classes, so I'm spending 5 hours a week for the rest of the year on my Raw Food Gourmet project. It's really what I would do in my free time anyway, so there's no big change there, except maybe I'll start working on the presentation of my food a little more. I initially anticipated spending the extra time sleeping in a lot more, but after the first few days of going to school late, I realized I got to bed earlier, so I woke up around 7:00 - 8:00 anyway, so I still have an extra hour or two in the morning.

I see the extra time as a doorway to actually do something I wouldn't have if I had a lot more schoolwork, so I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do to be productive in a more (relatively) creative way, which doesn't say much when you're talking about my life, but I'm going to try to do something interesting.

I took on swimming two summers ago, where I swam about 4-5 times a week, and not to inflate my own head, but I got pretty good, but I slowed the habit and it eventually stopped. I'm thinking about taking that on again from now until the end of the summer and seeing what I can do with that. Maybe I'll finally invest in a bike and take good morning rides. It's a lot more appealing that morning runs, so maybe I'll do that. Not that I need to exercise for weight or anything, but I do want to increase my aerobic activity (as opposed to simply doing pushups, yoga, and other calisthenics all the time), so I'd probably get more into it if I biked more.

Another thing I want to do is start planting and taking pictures (totally unrelated to each other, but I want to pursue both). It might sound stupid to you (unless you're raw and/or you eat fruits/veggies all day long), but imagine how cool it'd be to grow your own fruits and vegetables and eat them rather than buying them from the produce aisle. I've never gardened, ever, but my mom does a bit, so maybe she could teach me a little so I can get started. About the pictures, I just feel like I don't capture moments often enough, so I'm going to try to do that. No, it's not for facebook, but rather, so I can look back on these pictures and enjoy the past as much as I do the present. Also, this blog would be a lot more interesting if I threw in random pictures, so yeah, the reasons are multifaceted.

I can't really think of much else to say now, so I guess I'll end this rant. If you were interested, great. If you weren't, I'm sorry (I agree this was one of my more bland posts, but you take the good with the bad). Anyhow, take care until next time (and after that, too).

Much love,
Ankit

0 comments: